Refer to a Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Control Systems Engineer – Nelson
- Opportunity to gain excellent industrial manufacturing experience AND mentoring
- Bring your automation and PLC understanding and appetite for learning
- Support the Engineering team with electrical technical investigations
If you’re a highly self-motivated and quality focused individual with an electrical background and proven experience in automation of plant and machinery, PLC maintenance and programming, we have an opportunity for you to make a difference in our mill.
Key areas you’ll be focusing on include:
- Developing, implementing and overseeing the performance of all electrical, automation and control systems software and hardware within the plant
- Implementing support systems that minimise potential impacts on business operations through equipment failure or sub-optimal operation
- Assisting maintenance and operations staff with process trouble shooting and systems training
- Developing and recommending improvements to site control and information systems to increase operational performance
With a relevant qualification NZQA Level 7 Engineering and ideally experience as an Electrician; you’ll have proven industrial experience with control systems development and familiar with a wide range of business and process control software and hardware. With sound technical and analytical skills, you’ll be able to demonstrate your control systems design capability. Wood products processing industry knowledge combined with project management experience would be an advantage.
Committed to demonstrating health, safety and environmental leadership, you’ll be a determined reliable team player, skilled at communicating complex ideas and issues in simple, clear language. You’ll be flexible in your approach, responsive to new ideas and be someone who can offer a high degree of initiative and self-direction.
In return, you’ll work with a highly talented team and be exposed to a complex and exciting heavy industrial manufacturing site with the opportunity to open further career doors. We offer a competitive base salary plus various benefits including superannuation and medical scheme.
Nelson is truly an extraordinary place to live and work, set amongst stunning landscapes of mountains, beaches and forests you'll find a mix of affordable living, an awesome community and the opportunity to take advantage of the great outdoors.
Please go to www.chhwoodproducts.co.nz to find out more about working for us.
If you think you’ve got what it takes to perform this crucial role in our business, then we are keen to talk with you! Please apply online to express your interest in joining our team.
New to Carter Holt Harvey Woodproducts New Zealand? Register now