Refer A Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Control Systems Technician - Tokoroa
- Support the Engineering team with technical electrical investigations
- Utilise electrical, automation & control systems software & hardware
- Be one of our automation and control system technical experts!
If you’re a highly self-motivated and quality focused individual with an electrical background and proven experience in automation of plant and machinery, PLC maintenance and programming, Carter Holt Harvey Plywood have an opportunity for you to make a difference in our Plywood mill.
Key areas you’ll be focusing on include:
- Developing, implementing and overseeing the performance of all electrical, automation and control systems software and hardware within the plant
- Implementing support systems that minimise potential impacts on business operations through equipment failure or sub-optimal operation
- Assisting maintenance and operations staff with process trouble shooting and systems training
- Developing and recommending continuous process improvements to site control and information systems to increase operational performance
You will bring with you:
- Relevant qualifications in Computer Sciences, Computing, Electronics, Electrical Engineering or similar and ideally experience as an Electrician
- Proven heavy industrial experience with control systems development and familiar with a wide range of business and process control software and hardware
- Sound technical and analytical skills, you’ll be able to demonstrate your control systems design capability
- Wood products processing industry knowledge combined with project management experience would be an advantage
- Committed to demonstrating health, safety and environmental leadership
- A determined and reliable team player mindset
- Ability to communicate complex ideas and issues in simple, clear language
- You will be flexible in your approach, responsive to new ideas and be someone who can offer a high degree of initiate and self-direction
What we offer:
- Competitive salary
- Corporate medical care plan through Southern Cross, for eligible employees
- Company superannuation including discounted life insurance and income protection with CHH contributions, for eligible employees
- Retail benefits through employee benefits scheme Boost Rewards
- Staff buying privileges at Carters (after 3 months)
- Accredited Employer with Immigration NZ
- Access to Employee Assistance Programme services
- An awesome, supportive team culture
- Opportunity to be employed in a long-term primary industry within NZ
- On-going support and training opportunities for personal development
- Free onsite car parking
If you enjoy working in a busy, complex heavy industrial manufacturing environment and have the skills and experience to hit the ground running, we'd like to hear from you. For more information on CHH Plywood, visit https://chhply.co.nz/
New to Carter Holt Harvey Woodproducts New Zealand? Register now