Refer A Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Environment, Health and Safety Business Partner
Carter Holt Harvey is looking for a skilled EHSR specialist to join our Site Lead Team who will champion the prevention of harm to our employees and environment. We are looking for a person who is as totally committed to health and safety and the environment as we are.
Reporting to the General Manager Plywood, this is an integral role to the business which will see you challenging the status quo, driving best practice, providing expert advice, putting corrective actions in place and ultimately developing a positive safety culture.
You will provide leadership and guidance to the EHSR Co-ordinator and Technical Writer and also work with the National EHSR Manager contributing to company-wide strategy and systems and supporting national initiatives.
You will ideally have a manufacturing background, but it isn’t essential. What is really important is your ability to:
- apply your advanced knowledge of the Health and Safety at Work Act 2015, and related regulations in a way that ensures our compliance and engages our people;
- quickly gain credibility and trust, working at all levels of the organisation and with other stakeholders;
- take a collaborative approach to the identification and delivery of solutions across the site, encouraging ongoing improvement and building safety leadership competency;
- apply your strong systems knowledge ensuring safety standards and audits are implemented and achieved;
- collate, maintain and analyse a wide range of EHS data to drive effective actions;
- lead and/or coordinate core H&S processes with ease eg Health and Safety Committees, incident investigations, risk assessments.
CHH has been in operation for over 150 years and is one of New
Zealand’s leading forestry products companies, manufacturing and supplying
timber, laminated veneer lumber (LVL), plywood and other building products to
the New Zealand market.
Specifically, CHH Plywood is one of the largest producers of
plywood in New Zealand. Manufacturing from its central North Island site at the
Kinleith Estate, producing leading brands of structural and cladding plywood
from sustainably grown plantation pine.
Combined with the CHH Timber treatment and distribution hub at Kinleith
Estate, these sites form an important part of Carter Holt Harvey.
While the role is Monday to Friday, our business is 24/7, so some flexibility will be required from time to time.
We offer real value employee benefits including fully paid medical care plan, life insurance and income protection, additional superannuation contributions and staff buying privileges with Carters.
Don’t miss out on this career enhancing role. Go to our careers page on www.chh.com to apply online to express your interest in joining our incredible team.
Applicants must be a New Zealand Resident or have a work visa.
New to Carter Holt Harvey Woodproducts New Zealand? Register now