Refer A Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Maintenance Fitter - Day Shift - Tokoroa
Close to Rotorua, Taupo and surrounding central regions, our Tokoroa site is in a prime location for those looking to make the most of New Zealand’s natural paradise of lakes, forests, mountains and rolling green farmland. Whether you enjoy mountain biking, fishing, golfing or skiing, this is the perfect gateway.
Carter Holt Harvey (CHH) Plywood are seeking a self-motivated, quality focussed individual with an engineering trade background and experience in heavy industrial manufacturing. Knowledge and experience with computerised maintenance systems and maintenance best practices would also be an advantage.
You will be reporting directly to the Maintenance Manager, so you will have the opportunity to get involved in all day-to-day projects from repairs to preventative maintenance:
- We offer access to further training and career development
- Our team recognises talent and supports you to succeed!
- Bring your experience to our role, and shine
The day shift roster is 48 hours per week, Monday to Friday.
Successful candidates will need to have the following:
- A relevant trade qualification/NCME Level 4
- Previous experience in a heavy industrial manufacturing environment, or similar fast paced production environment ideal
- The ability to deliver results on time to meet customer expectations
- Strong safety and compliance values
- Team player who sets high standards for themselves
- Good numeracy, English communication, and problem-solving skills
- A high level of accuracy to ensure product quality as per specifications
- Excellent organisational skills
- A continuous improvement focus and initiative
- Analytical troubleshooting ability
- The ability to work within time restraints
In return we can offer:
- Competitive rate depending on qualifications and experience
- Corporate medical care plan through Southern Cross for eligible employees
- Company superannuation including discounted life insurance and income protection with CHH contributions, for eligible employees
- Retail benefits through employee benefits scheme Boost Rewards
- Staff buying privileges at Carters (after 3 months)
- Accredited Employer with Immigration NZ
- Access to Employee Assistance Programme services
CHH has been in operation for over 150 years manufacturing a full range of wood-based building products from our three mills in NZ. Woodproducts include both structural and outdoor timber for residential, commercial construction and outdoor applications. Manufactured from sustainably grown NZ plantation pine, CHH Plywood offers a range of appearance and performance rated plywood products. Futurebuild offers a wide range of Laminated Veneer Lumber products, combined with a unique set of software and a range of design services to support the use of LVL in residential mid-floor and roofing applications.
Our company values include:
- Deliver what we promise
- Be open and honest
- Respect each other
- Be committed to safety and the environment
- Go the extra mile for our customers, and
- Work smart and have fun
you think you’ve got what it takes to perform this role in our business, then we are
keen to talk with you! Please go to our careers page on https://chhply.co.nz/careers to find out about working for us and to apply online to express your interest
in joining our Tokoroa
Applicants must be able to pass a pre-employment drug test and have existing right to work in NZ.
New to Carter Holt Harvey Woodproducts New Zealand? Register now