Refer A Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Planer Machinist - Kawerau
- Be part of a high performing team
- Join a business that strives for quality and best practice in safe working conditions
- Great benefits including super, medical and insurances
Holt Harvey – Woodproducts are seeking a self-motivated, quality focused
individual with a National Certificate in Timber Machining (or an equivalent
Trade Certificate) and knowledge of the timber industry to join our team at the
Reporting to the Operations Manager this position operates on a rostered shift basis (alternating weekly between day and night shifts) and will be working with a state-of-the-art 2019 Gilbert Planer which is a modern high-tech planer mill.
Your roster would be 10.5 hours per day, 42 hours per week, Monday to Friday with a rolling mid-week day off, weekly alternating between day and night shifts.
- Machine setups and routine maintenance of the Gilbert planer
- Adjustments and jointing to ensure quality standards are met
- Cleaning of equipment, tools and work areas
- Knife grinding and knife maintenance as required
- National Certificate in Timber Machining, or an equivalent Trade Certificate
- Proven experience in a similar role in the timber industry
- Proactive with the ability to use their initiative
- Have a health & safety, environmental and quality focus
- Capability in grinding planer knives
- Be results orientated with high attention to detail
- Good numeracy, communication and problem-solving skills
- Excellent organisation skills
- Demonstrated reliability
This position would ideally suit a person who enjoys a fast-paced production environment and has excellent troubleshooting skills.
In return, we can offer:
- Excellent on the job training and courses
- An awesome, supportive team culture - an opportunity to develop lifelong friendships
- To be employed in a mill that is growing and is well positioned for the long term
- Competitive hourly and overtime rates
- Corporate medical care plan through Southern Cross
- Other various benefits including superannuation and personal insurances with CHH contributions
- Opportunity to be employed in a long-term primary industry within NZ
- An opportunity to live and work in a community which is simply paradise with lakes, rivers, sea and bush all on your back doorstep
With a progressive team committed to producing high quality products to our customers, this is a great chance to build your career with us.
If you think you’ve got what it takes to smoothly perform this role in our business, then we are keen to talk with you! Please go to our careers page on www.chhwoodproducts.co.nz to find out about working for us and to apply online to express your interest in joining our Kawerau team.
New to Carter Holt Harvey Woodproducts New Zealand? Register now