Refer A Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Production Operator - Tokoroa
Carter Holt Harvey (CHH) Plywood, based in Tokoroa, is the biggest plywood mill in Australasia. We are now on the lookout for talented production operators to join our team. We welcome applications from people who are interested in working in a manufacturing environment.
YOU WILL NEED:
- A keen interest in practical hands-on work and a talent for all things mechanical
- Previous manufacturing experience and forklift licence an advantage
- A willingness to learn
- Sound mechanical and problem solving skills
- Limited computer literacy required
- Has strong safety and compliance values
- Is physically fit for the role as some positions are manual handling focussed
- Is a self-starter who can work unsupervised
- Is a team player who excels in a small team environment
- Good verbal and written English communication skills
- Is flexible to meet a varied and sometimes demanding workload
- Manufacturing experience or working practically in trades, farming, mining or engineering preferred
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Production operator opportunities across the mill
- On the job coaching by highly dedicated experienced managers
- Specialised and on the job training, as per the requirements of the position
- Competitive hourly rates
- 10 or 12 hour rostered shifts
- Corporate medical care plan through Southern Cross for eligible employees
- Company superannuation including discounted life insurance and income protection with CHH contributions, for eligible employees
- Retail benefits through employee benefits scheme Boost Rewards
- Staff buying privileges at Carters (after 3 months)
- Access to Employee Assistance Programme services
CHH has been in operation for over 150 years manufacturing a full range of wood-based building products from our three mills in NZ. Woodproducts include both structural and outdoor timber for residential, commercial construction and outdoor applications. Manufactured from sustainably grown NZ plantation pine, CHH Plywood offers a range of appearance and performance rated plywood products. Futurebuild offers a wide range of Laminated Veneer Lumber products, combined with a unique set of software and a range of design services to support the use of LVL in residential mid-floor and roofing applications.
Our company values include:
- Deliver what we promise
- Be open and honest
- Respect each other
- Be committed to safety and the environment
- Go the extra mile for our customers, and
- Work smart and have fun
If you think you’ve got what it takes to perform this role in our business, then kick start your production career with us! Please go to our careers page on https://chhply.co.nz/careers to find out about working for us and to apply online to express your interest in joining our Tokoroa team.
Applicants must be a New Zealand
Resident or have a valid work visa, be able to pass a pre-employment drug test and undertake a criminal history check.
New to Carter Holt Harvey Woodproducts New Zealand? Register now