Refer A Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Shift Electrician - Kawerau
Carter Holt Harvey are seeking a self-motivated, quality focused individual who is a qualified electrician and may either have control systems or heavy industrial manufacturing experience.
- Participate in 12 hour shifts on a rotating 4 on 4 off shift roster (overtime available).
- Fault finding, problem solving and repair equipment for the Kawerau site. Complete work to a high standard preventing rework and improving equipment reliability.
- Lead maintenance processes that reduce equipment operating costs and down time.
- Provide ongoing support to maintenance teams including apprentices.
- Lead and provide technical expertise for continuous improvement processes.
- Provide a feedback loop to Shift, Operations and Maintenance team members when issues are identified or resolved.
- Improve systems and standards across the site. This will include bills of materials, PM’s, manuals, and occasionally assisting with updating and creating SOPs for maintenance tasks.
- Ensure quality assurance of external vendors.
- Follow health and safety requirements across site.
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL:
- Be a Registered Electrician.
- Preferably have control systems experience with control logics PLCs and fault finding on Manufacturing plants, automated safety systems.
- Have the ability to deliver results on time to meet customer expectations.
- Have a health and safety, environmental and quality focus.
- Ability with reading and interpreting drawings.
- Expert level of equipment problem solving skills.
- Analytical trouble shooting ability.
- The ability to work within time restraints.
IN RETURN WE OFFER:
- Competitive hourly rate, overtime rates and a comprehensive benefits package including Superannuation and Corporate Medical Scheme.
- An awesome supportive team culture with an opportunity to develop lifelong friendships.
- An opportunity to be employed in a long-term primary industry within NZ.
With a progressive team committed to producing high quality products to our customers, this is a great chance to build your career with us.
If you think you’ve got what it takes to perform this role in our business, then we are keen to talk with you! Please go to our careers page on www.chhwoodproducts.co.nz to find out about working for us and to apply online to express your interest in joining our Kawerau team.
New to Carter Holt Harvey Woodproducts New Zealand? Register now